Yes, it was a very good weekend for Team Scrappy. I'd say we should post a giant "mission accomplished" sign on our blog with regard to our goals for the weekend, but I think good ole' George Dubya ruined that for us...
Goals on the weekend:
- A win for Brett - accomplished
- Best of Vermont for Gered - accomplished
- 2:05 overall, and sub 37:00 run for Brett - accomplished
- Race completion for new honorary team member Josh Michaud (with ABSOLUTELY NO TRAINING) - accomplished.
- Root beer floats, chocolate milk, shakes, pizza, oreo cookies, chili dogs and cabot cheese - accomplished.
Bonus experiences to the weekend include the opportunity to meet race director Jerrod Rushton of Rushton Sports as volunteers, Gered winning a pair of free running shoes in the raffle, which he then gave to Brooke, and getting an official "Junior Deputy Sheriff" badge (sticker) from our new favorite race day traffic officer.
Full race report coming soon including shout-outs to some of the great people (and fierce competitors) that we met and raced this weekend. In the mean time, check out the full results here.