A well-timed deal...

So now that my hamstring is better, my coach has been increasing my runs by 5 minutes every week. Not a big deal when I went from 15 minutes to 20 minutes, but stepping up from 40 to 45 and 45 to 50 have been noticeably difficult steps to take. My legs are more sore, and I'm definitely more tired.

With the added fatigue that I'm feeling I can't help but think about the fact that longer runs just take a greater toll on my legs. Muscles, joints, everything. So it'd be nice to be sure that I'm running properly, and therefore doing as little damage to my body as possible. Enter the well-timed deal:

USAT is offering a "free" running mechanics DVD if you purchase or renew your USAT license for next season in the next 10 days. (December 1 - 15) The DVD is $0.01, and its $7 shipping (at least that's what it was to ship to MA. The video includes drills and technique tips from Bobby McGee, who is apparently a well respected elite level coach.

If you know you're going to do 3 or more races this year - a USAT license is worth purchasing - even more so including this DVD.

1 comment:

  1. Is this your way of telling me that you spent $7.01 of our hard-earned money on this? What budget line item does that fall under?

    Just kidding :) I also want you to not hurt yourself running - please!!!

    ReplyDelete